This was the most difficult! I was really worried it was looking a little too graphic…almost like someone created it on Adobe Illustrator, full digital. I think it’s because the school of fish are all the same stamp, so it makes it look less original (at least to me). And the sea turtle looks pretty clip-art like. This scene is when I noticed that if I’m not careful, rubber-stamping could run the risk of looking like vector-based computer art which Im super not a fan of. Ah well, I’m pretty happy at least with the way it came out overall.
I was trying to get a nice clean blue gradient wash, and it was NOT happening at all. I ended up just working on it more and decided to go with a more lively sea, with different light coming from different areas and sea spray.